The first parish school of St Peter's, Bentleigh East, was established in 1865 in Centre Road.
The first parish school of St Peter's, Bentleigh East, was established in 1865 in Centre Road, opposite the present site of the Monash Medical Centre, Moorabbin Campus. The tiny timber schoolhouse served the community for 36 years and was replaced in 1903 by a brick building when the Presentation Sisters took over the school.
In 1953, the parish purchased the present school and church site and erected a school/church, which has now been incorporated into the main school complex. Bentleigh East became a rapidly growing urban area. Almost overnight, hundreds of acres of market gardens were auctioned, sub-divided and built on. The stream of new settlers from overseas was becoming evident amongst the young families who had come to the district. In 1960, the Sisters of Our Lady of the Sacred Heart took over the running of the school.
In 1983, the first lay Principal, Mr Des Dalton was appointed; the present Principal is Mr Michael Hanney. Over the years, the school has seen many changes in refurbishment and extensions. Many of the present St Peter's students are the grandchildren of the original parishioners.
In 2009 a $2.7million Junior School was opened to include 12 learning areas and state of the art facilities. As part of the Federal Government ' Building the Education Revolution' a new Library and Multi Media classroom was built in 2010. This provides St Peter’s with a contemporary learning environment that will allow the current and future students access to learning spaces that are flexible and open to new technologies.
In 2012 the Parishes of Bentleigh East, Bentleigh and Moorabbin formed the Holy Trinity Parish and as a consequence the Federated Schools of Holy Trinity Parish was formed. In 2015 Michael Juliff was appointed the Co-ordinating Principal of the three schools.